I am sitting here looking over a prayer letter for my hubby. Guess that's probably not a part of most ladies "wifely duties", huh?! Writing and proofreading suit me just fine.
Anyway, {I'm off track already} I was thinking about getting back to blogging more consistently and where to begin and it dawned on me...I will blame my prego. brain for not thinking of it sooner. Maybe you remember in a recent post that I shared with you my little poem and baby news. Well, here's {insert Paul Harvey's voice here} "the rest of the story..." ;)
With each of my pregnancies, my prophetic husband has a dream. I say "prophetic" because he has these dreams before I am prego. or at least before I am aware of it, and they have, up until now, accurately predicted the gender of our coming child.
Before Clara came along, he had a very vivid dream of the doc. proudly passing him his girl baby. We chose not to find out her gender ahead of time, but it pretty much happened just like daddy's dream had foretold.
Then with Ethan, daddy dreamed that we had an about 2 year old blond haired, blue eyed boy, running around Grandma and Grandpa G.'s farm. Have you seen pics of our son lately? Yeah, totally fits that description and should be tromping all over the farm next summer at, you guessed it, age 2.
So, lastly, he dreamed that he was holding hands and walking with 2 little boys, Ethan, and a little dark haired boy, supposedly baby #3.
I do have to give him credit, he is batting 1,000 so far.
But here comes the dilemma...
A few months before this baby came to be, Clara got it in her cute little head that she wanted a girl baby. In her mind, she is big and has a little brother who is quickly growing, so naturally a little sister would be just right. I was very diligent to explain that 1) God decides if and when we get to have another baby and 2) He also decides if it is a girl baby or a boy baby. 3) We get to pick the name. I also told her that it would be just fine for her to pray for God to send us a girl baby, but we have to be happy with whatever He chooses for us.
Night after night, my lovely girl, of her own accord, remembered to pray and reminded us to pray for her girl baby. Such precious child-like faith and sincerity, it was so sweet and touching. This went on for about 3 months or so until we were finally able to share the news that a baby was on the way. BUT, we didn't know yet if it was a girl or boy, of course. She was happy and accepted that. Her prayers for a girl baby continued.
At 15 weeks, the anticipated day arrived. We got to go "see" our baby on the screen. Clara was excited, but we didn't get our hopes up, or tell her, that we might be able to find out if baby is a "he" or "she". I wish I had a video of Clara's face when she saw our tiny baby wiggling around and heard the "thumpety thumps" of it's heart beat. So precious!
And, baby was feeling photogenic, too! The doctor confidently told us and showed us that our new little bundle would be a "YES" answer to Clara's prayers. A darling little princess to love and adore! ♥
P.S. If you cheated and skipped to the end of my captivating-yet-o-so-long story, I forgive you. ;)

So precious. Yay for Clara! I have seen God answer Seth's prayers too. I think He loves listening to children pray.
ReplyDelete