Our life in Argentina, South America

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Thankful Days {#4}

Wow, how quickly my busy life can catch up with me and get me behind!! Here it is the 8th of November, and I am on #4...oops! Oh well, like most of my self-inflicted chaos, it will straighten out and I will get caught up...eventually. ;)

Today, I am thankful for:

#4. My Handsome, Hardworking Hubby

I know it sounds so cliche, but honestly, what would I do without him?!?! I truly cannot imagine.




There's no one else I would follow 5,000 miles from home. There's no one else that I trust that much. And he hasn't failed me. In the time that we have been here, he has proven my strong anchor, provider, protector, and so much more. He is my confidant, my best friend, and my love. He's my bug-slayer, lawn-mower, car-maintainer, taxi-driver. When I feel all alone, I turn and he is there. Always beside me, loving me, reassuring and guiding me. He has abundant patience with me and all of my crazy schemes/ideas/projects, my moods and {grumpy, grouchy, downright ugly} attitudes. He has never lost his temper at me or my kiddos, but definitely knows how to put/keep me in my place when I need it.

Little did he know when we moved here that his days would be filled with, "Honey, we don't have any meat, could you run to the meat store?" "Honey, we are out of cheese again, would you mind...?" "Babe, we really need diapers, etc., can you take us to the store today?" 


Not to mention the "hurry up and wait" game that he plays almost daily on our behalf. Sometimes I think it frustrates me more than it does him, and he's the one actually doing the waiting. Wait in line to pay bills, do {endless} paperwork, at all the little stores, hunt down {super expensive} gas for the car--yes, I mean visiting multiple gas stations in hopes that one of them will actually have gas that day, and the list goes on and on. Just accomplishing one seemingly simple task can take the good part of the day. My hubby does it all, he doesn't grumble and complain, or get upset, he doesn't come home and take it out on me or the kids. He takes care of all these "little" things and much more, and he does it for me.

He cares about people and is not afraid to get his hands dirty. He sees a need and he does his very best to fill it, whether at church or in our neighborhood. He is kind and unselfish with his time, talents, and treasures. He chases down the neighbor's dog, he warns others when we run out of water, he loans tools, etc. He is trustworthy and dependable. If he says he'll get it done, you can rest easy, it WILL get done. 

He wants to see the work of the Lord go forward. He has goals. We are not just here, biding time, working hard to learn Spanish and gain experience in the culture and ministry for nothing. We want to be a blessing and lead others to the Lord. He has set out to be a missionary since he was 12 years old and taken the steps necessary, with the Lord's help and guidance, to make that happen. He seeks the Lord's direction in the decisions that we make and is frugal and wise with our finances. He looks and plans for the future, both for his family and church.


He is an amazing daddy. He loves his babies and is not afraid to play ponies with Clara {shhh!! don't tell him I told ya ;) } or give "horsey rides". He gets right down on their level and has a blast. He plays baseball with Clara and catch with Bubs. He pushes them on the swings, buys them ice cream, does Bible story time, teaches them songs, gives oodles of hugs and kisses, and is there to tuck them in every night. He gives them TIME! What more could kids ask for! They are so blessed to call him "papa"!! Almost as blessed as I am to call him "husband" and MINE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)