#9. The In-Laws
Not just my amazing mom and dad-in-law. But, all of Matt's family which I get to call mine, too. I am so glad to have such a wonderful relationship with his family. I truly do think of them as "our family", not "his" and "hers". They are so special to me.
Just after we were married, there was that transition period and wondering of what to call the "in-laws". And for me, a wonderful thing happened. Without even thinking about it and as naturally as anything, I just called them "Mom" and "Dad". They really didn't have a choice in the matter. It just came out and stuck. Why? Because they ARE another mom and dad to me and I love, trust, and depend on them as such. They are great examples of a Christian home and marriage and serve the Lord faithfully in their church. They are the same every day of the week, no Sunday-only Christians here. They are so real and down to earth and I am proud to be their "adopted" daughter.
Then there's the rest of the crew. I inherited a wonderful sister {finally got one of those!}. Yep, we have had our ups and downs, as all good sisters do, but we are the best of friends and I miss her terribly. Missy and I are the same age {ok, she would quickly point out that I am one whole month older! ha!} She has a fabulous husband that compliments her perfectly. We both have 2 rugrats cute kiddos, a girl and then a boy. Our boys are less than 2 months apart and haven't met yet--Whaaaa!!! Needless to say we have all this in common and so much more. Plus, we both think that her older brother is pretty amazing! {Wink!} Whenever we all get together we have a blast and there is no such thing as a dull moment! I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!
I even got another little brother out of the deal. Evan is as laid back as they come. Even more so than Matt {and that's saying something!}. However, I think I have grown on him over the years and he has no problem giving me a hard time, usually about my choice of sports teams. He and his wife recently added a sweet little boy to our family, too. I can't wait to meet our newest nephew in person. He's such a sweet little guy.
I miss the nieces and nephews. I miss holding them as tiny babies and watching them grow up. I miss seeing the interaction between them and my own kiddos. I just know that my Ethan and Missy's Ian would be thicker than thieves and into all sorts of mischief! And Clara and Ava--best of buds, for sure!
I miss birthdays and holidays surrounded with the ones I love. I miss enjoying the warmth of the farm house and the family gathered around.
I also know that right now I am right where I am supposed to be and I am content.
But, before you have a pity party for me, let me say I am so thankful for each one of them and the wonderful memories that we have made together. Time spent with family is time well spent. I look forward to being with them all next year and all the fun things we will do together. There are many more memories to be made and I know that I will cherish each one, just as I cherish these sweet people that I am privileged to call my family.
I miss the nieces and nephews. I miss holding them as tiny babies and watching them grow up. I miss seeing the interaction between them and my own kiddos. I just know that my Ethan and Missy's Ian would be thicker than thieves and into all sorts of mischief! And Clara and Ava--best of buds, for sure!
I miss birthdays and holidays surrounded with the ones I love. I miss enjoying the warmth of the farm house and the family gathered around.
I also know that right now I am right where I am supposed to be and I am content.
But, before you have a pity party for me, let me say I am so thankful for each one of them and the wonderful memories that we have made together. Time spent with family is time well spent. I look forward to being with them all next year and all the fun things we will do together. There are many more memories to be made and I know that I will cherish each one, just as I cherish these sweet people that I am privileged to call my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)