Thinking -- "Ugh! School again! Do I have to go?"
Yes, I know I am worse than kids. But honestly, aren't I supposed to be done with this stage of my life by now?! Not to mention that at home I am "Teacher Mom" attempting to get those {pesky} letters and numbers ingrained into my 4 yr. old's head. Nevertheless, I am a student, too. I guess in a way it's a good reminder that no matter how many years
So, "hi-ho-hi-ho it's off to school we go." But even though me and language school often have a love/hate relationship, deep down I am very thankful for our language classes and teacher.
#10. School Days, good ol' Golden Rule Days
I am glad that the Lord has given me a mind that {although it may not seem like it at times} is capable of learning another language. Yes, it takes time, LOTS of time and can be oh-so-very frustrating. It takes a lot of patience not only from the poor souls that are struggling to listen to you and decipher what in the world you are talking about, but also patience with yourself. You have to allow yourself to put it all out there and make mistakes. After all, you can't "learn from your mistakes" if you don't make a few in the first place. And you have to give yourself time to soak it all in and put it in to practice. 'Cuz it sure doesn't happen over night. BUT, thankfully, little by little, step by step, day by day, and word upon word, like pieces of a big mysterious puzzle it starts to come together, take shape, and actually make some sense. Both to your ears and hopefully your words to others' ears as well. :)
I am thankful that hubby and I have not given up when it has been hard. Perseverance pays and we are finally starting to reap the sweet rewards of all our time and hard work.
I am thankful that our teacher has been kind, put up with us, and not belittled us, but always tried to help us to improve and provide us with the necessary tools and encouragement to do so.
And it looks like this phase of our journey will soon be coming to an end. Not the learning and improving part {I hope}, but the actual class part. My first reaction is -- to jump up and down around the room and do some serious "happy dance" celebration. I think ice cream definitely needs to be involved as well. But, on the other hand, it kinda scares me, too. I mean, to think that I won't have my teacher to run to with all my silly grammar and/or culture questions. She has been so great about not only teaching us Spanish, but teaching us about how life really is here in Argentina. So, a part of me is sad to think that we have to be "all grown up now" and out there speaking Spanish and "going it alone". It's kind of like being a little birdie pushed from its nest -- let's hope we can fly...errrrrr....speak and keep going forward in Spanish and in the Lord's work. ;)
And it looks like this phase of our journey will soon be coming to an end. Not the learning and improving part {I hope}, but the actual class part. My first reaction is -- to jump up and down around the room and do some serious "happy dance" celebration. I think ice cream definitely needs to be involved as well. But, on the other hand, it kinda scares me, too. I mean, to think that I won't have my teacher to run to with all my silly grammar and/or culture questions. She has been so great about not only teaching us Spanish, but teaching us about how life really is here in Argentina. So, a part of me is sad to think that we have to be "all grown up now" and out there speaking Spanish and "going it alone". It's kind of like being a little birdie pushed from its nest -- let's hope we can fly...errrrrr....speak and keep going forward in Spanish and in the Lord's work. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)