Our life in Argentina, South America

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Thankful Days {#1}

November 1st...How did that sneak up on me so quickly? It's especially hard to get in the Thanksgiving Holiday swing of things when the days are warm and bright, spring flowers {and allergies} abound and the birdies are happily chirping outside my window. Not that I am complainin', mind ya, just feels a bit off kilter without the "traditional" crunchy fall leaves, crisp days, pumpkins, apples, etc.

Nevertheless, I know deep down that the calendar is not lying to me. It really is that time again and my mind turns to all the goodness of God that I have seen manifested in my life, especially this past year. It's time to think and thank more...to really put some extra effort into giving God and those dear loved ones around me, too, my gratitude and praise.

So, in no particular order, I want to share some thanksgiving thoughts with you this month. I may even get carried away and share more than 1 per day. Hey, you will forgive me won't you?! Would love to hear from your thankful ♥, too.

#1. Sweet Babies

I can say "sweet", because of course we all know that every bundle of joy is a sweet and precious gift.

I ♥ babies.



I ♥ the 2 precious "babies" that are {aheeeemmm...supposed to be} sleeping in the next room. They aren't really tiny babies anymore, but will always be MY babies.

I ♥ my absolutely adorable less-than-1-week-old nephew, Andrew John. I finally got to "meet" him via Skype this morning and I confess, I fell instantly in love with his sweet little face and parted "man hair". He's a picture of perfection and I would just ♥ to snatch him up and cuddle.

And most of all, I ♥ this new life that is growing inside me. And yes, although it may not seem evident to the outside world, let me tell ya, she {and I} are definitely growing! I cannot wait to feel her move inside me, to see her precious face, and to caress her unbelievably soft skin, and smell her newborn scent. As any mama knows they grow and change so much, so fast, I want to cherish every single moment with this beautiful gift the Lord is giving me. My 3rd wee babe and 2nd princess.

Thank you, Lord, for babies, most of all for MY babies. Thank you for entrusting 3 precious treasures into my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)