Our life in Argentina, South America

Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Thankful Days {#6}

Today, being veteran's day, naturally makes me extra thankful for...

#6. FREEDOM!

Freedom that we enjoy and take for granted in the good ol' U.S. of A. Freedom that others who have gone on before have paid a heavy price for. For many the ultimate price.

I am proud to count my 2 grandpas among those amazing men called veterans. I am proud of my brother, who although we do not see eye to eye on many things, serves proudly today as a United States Marine Sgnt. 

I am proud to be an American. I am proud to have felt the liberty that comes with living in rural America and taste its sweetness. That's one of the things that I dearly miss. The feeling of safety and security that comes with abiding within her glorious shores. I know what it is like to live abroad and live with suspicion and doubt. I no longer take that wonderful thing that is true Freedom for granted as I once did. And I am thankful that I have an ever-present, all powerful God to rely on and protect me, no matter in what continent I reside.

So, I thank God today for freedom and all those that keep America free. I am thankful for freedom to worship Him, both in America, here in Argentina, and always in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)