Our life in Argentina, South America

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A THANKFUL LIST

Obviously, the list could go on and on...{and on, and on... :)}
Here's just a FEW of the things that I am especially thankful for this year...today...right now.

Happy, healthy "babies" ♥

That "said babies" have cut the puking all over mommy/everything back to a minimum

That I only have 1 baby in diapers --that's plenty, let me tell ya

That my baby is not super mobile yet {Sooooo not ready for that yet}

Water and Electricity--I do NOT take this for granted down here!

My very own washer and dryer!

Garbage pick up EVERYDAY!! --With diapers in the house, you can see how beneficial this is

A wonderful husband that takes care of me and all that outdoor and car stuff, oh, and the aforementioned garbage {I would be SO lost without him!}

Good missionary friends to share the holidays with

Packages in the mail {Merry Christmas to ME!!}

Got our laptop back {and in working order} yesterday! {Boy, does this screen sure seem big!}

For "Old Betty" not dieing on us while the other computer was in the shop {That's a miracle right there!}

For the LACK of Snow, Ice, Sleet, Freezing Temps. and all the bundling up and work that goes along with it

Modern technology (ie. internet, webcam, skype, etc.) to keep in touch with family

Food in the fridge and cupboards {especially the "stateside" Snickers Bars hiding in the freezer Shhhhhh!!!}

A Up-&-Decorated Christmas Tree {I'm starting to feel the Christmas "spirit" now, are you?!}

Finished my online shopping {WHEEW!} (still the address list to compile for Christmas cards, ugh!)

**MOST** of the Christmas shopping here is done (at least for the kiddos ;)

For the "balmy" 91* outside {BIG SMILE}


Hubby stringing the beads on the tree

Baby Man enjoying the decorating mayhem

Happy with his new monkey in hand

Clara hanging the first ornament (plastic ball ornaments are the BEST!)

Ta DA!! The finished product!

I'd say she's pretty happy about Christmas, wouldn't you? {WINK}


Needless to say, God has been SOOO Good to me and my family. We truly are blessed beyond measure!
It's good to stop and count your blessings isn't it?! It's far too easy to count the hassles, struggles, and strifes that we encounter on a day to day basis. Boy, I could come up with a list of those, too. BUT, how much better to put those, really rather petty issues, aside and reflect on how good I have it. I have it "Made in the Shade". If you stop and think about it, you probably do, too, don't ya?
 
Happy "Counting"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)