I must warn you it is very deep and spiritual and I just want to make sure that you are mentally prepared before reading any further.
If you are unsure if you can handle it, please clear your mind of all clutter {yes, I do know how hard that is to do} take a few good, long, deep breaths and proceed with caution.
Feeling better and braced to handle this amazing truth and revelation?
Alright, here goes...
Let's suppose that Jesus, like most little boys, left the house door open one day on his way out to play or help his daddy, Joseph in the workshop. (I realize that Jesus was NOT like most boys, and never would have forgotten to close the door) Just imagine with me for a moment...Can you picture it?
I can just see Mary, standing in the kitchen bent over a bowl, stirring away, as she hears Jesus' feet scurrying through the house and rushing out the door to find the day's adventure. I see her pause, listening intently for the thud of the door as it swings closed behind him. But she doesn't hear that. She bustles over to the window a bit flustered and calls after Jesus. I suppose it may have sounded something like this:
"Hey Jesus, you forgot to close the door!!
Were you born in a ....?
Oh, yeah, nevermind..."
Abruptly her perturbed thoughts and agitated response are changed in a moment, as she thinks back. Back to a day, my, it has been quite a few years now, when her beloved Son was born. What a miraculous day that was! What a joy and blessing to mother God's only Son! She stops in her tracks and takes a moment to thank her loving Heavenly Father for the most precious gift she received that day...the day that her child truly was "Born in a Barn."
Ok, ok, maybe not so jam packed full of spiritual truths and Biblical wisdom after all, but a sweet/funny/humbling thought, isn't it?
I know that it is good for me to take the time to stop and think of Bible characters, like Mary, as real, live, normal people and to put myself in their shoes. What an amazing and difficult task to be chosen as the Mother of God. Let's all take the time to remember what Christmas is really all about!
Beautiful Christmas thoughts,
What a beautiful way to tell a Christmas story. I really enjoyed your post. I don't think I have ever been on your blog. I invite you to visit mine and follow if you like.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your sweet words and for stopping by. You are welcome anytime! :) I will be sure to "visit" you soon. Until then...
ReplyDelete