Our life in Argentina, South America

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Preparations

So, my Christmas cards are all DONE!!! YAY!! Well, at least on MY part they are. Christmas cards from another continent are a bit easier said than done, but since I have a very loving and supportive and helpful family back home, they, too, can be conquered. Here's how it worked out this year for me:

Me + Walgreens Photo Center = Picture Christmas Cards made and ordered

A few calls to my sweet MIL and emails to my BIL = Cards picked up and envelopes printed

Cards awaiting to be stuffed and dropped in the mail (o yah, don't forget the costly postage, too!)

Me, getting a check out in the mail to pay for all of my sent "holiday tidings", oh wait, UNcheck that one, still need to do that {sheepish grin}

{BTW, I haven't forgotten you, but will "unveil" my Christmas Card on here in another post--Soon!}

On the "shopping horizon", I will admit that last year didn't see much activity in this dept. Am attempting to make up for it a bit this year. Thank the Lord, for modern technology and online shopping.



After a few hours and pages and pages of sites and products, gifts have been chosen, charged, and, I believe, have all safely arrived in the awaiting hands of my 2 moms, who are on wrapping detail.



As for the home front, slowly, but surely, a bit here and a bit there, the kiddos have accumulated a decent pile of gifts awaiting for them. As for mama and papa, well, we have a few little goodies to look forward to, and even some packages from afar to open, too--When the day comes, of course!! And don't forget, there's that wrapping yet to take care of here, too!



Food wise--let me tell ya, part of me is anticipating the consumption of all those scrumptious, sugary goodies, and then on the other hand, dreading the baking in 90+* weather with no A/C part. Going to try to come up with a plan of attack that will allow for lots of goodies yet less on the baking. We shall see how that goes...

A few of the "Winners" thus far are:
(No, this does not mean I have actually made them yet, why get in a hurry?)

Oreo Truffles--so easy, so good, so fattening (Thanks, Missy!)
Peanut Butter Balls--must crack open the precious stock of PB for an occasion like this!
Snickerdoodles--cuz they are delish!!
No bake cookies--I can feel them clogging my arteries as I type this

And, well, we will see how much time and energy {if I don't melt into a big puddle} I have left after these have been tackled. 

Decor--looks something like this:

My pretty little candles and snowmen grace the mantel and are watched over by my loving family!

Here's a better look (btw, the big snowman is actually a cookie jar, so if I actually get around to making all those aforementioned cookies one of these days, well, I will know right where to put them {WINK}

My Smores Couple (from Christmas '06) and a snowglobe picture frame with my baby Clara, who is really enjoying "shaking herself" ha

Stockings hung...on the curtain rod, and with not so much care...it's HOT here so we have to open and close the windows often, you understand

My new table runner, and some decor. that reminds me of the lovely people that gave them to me for Christmases gone by

Our Family Picture/Ornament from Christmas '08

♥ Our 1st Christmas Ornament ♥ (This year will be our 7th Christmas married and our 10th Christmas together! Amazing!)

Our Christmas Ornament from '05--S.S. Katfish--Isn't he cute?!

"His and Her" Ornaments from my in-laws for our 1st Christmas

And, of course, a little snow--the BEST kind, too, IMO, at least the clean up will be a LOT easier ;)
That's about it.
Simple, pretty, and a little taste of home. It truly is a wonderful time of year, wouldn't you agree?
Best wishes for your Christmas preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)