Our life in Argentina, South America

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I just love it when a plan comes together {Smile}

Today was a simply lovely fall day in Argentina. It reached a sunny high of 73*, complete with blue sky and crunchy leaves.

I spent a good part of the morning getting my hair colored ...umm...er...I mean done! But, I didn't have to wait and was done relatively quickly--something I am always most thankful for. Plus, it's good when it actually comes out the nice, rich brown that it is supposed to and not some funky burgundy color (or worse). I don't take that for granted either. So, no hair disasters today. Then I got to take a nice walk home and enjoy the solitude and sunshine for a few minutes. Aaahhh! It felt good!

While I was detained trying to make myself beautiful {or at least presentable}, sweet hubby took the kids to the park. As I mentioned it was GoRgEoUs today, and they had fun romping and playing together. It's so fun to see Ethan as he is getting big{ger} and is able to do more things! He truly LO♥ES to be outside and watch the breeze rustle the leaves in the trees, etc. He is all BOY and I am enjoying watching every stage.

Watching the leaves blow

Later this afternoon we headed to Pilar, a town about 45 minutes from us, to go to the hospital and have an X-ray done on Bubs' head and see the neurologist, again! You see, when Ethan was very small we noticed that the back of his head was not perfectly round, but rather kind of had a lumpy/bumpiness on one side. She really felt like it was nothing abnormal, but  just to make sure that it was not serious our pediatrician recommended that we have an X-ray done.

Ok, no big deal, right?! WRONG!! You know that saying about "making a mountain out of a mole hill"?! That about sums it up. We had the X-ray done, but it was very poorly done and you couldn't see anything on it.

Instead of an X-ray, we will do a full CT Scan and then we will know for sure. That didn't go so well either. First, we had to put my poor baby under anesthesia to do it (because he had to lie perfectly still for 10 min., a 10 month old, riiiiiggghhhhtt!), and then the results were no better than the 1st X-ray. The doc. still could not say with complete confidence that everything was fine and normal with my baby's head!

So, he ordered another X-ray. But, of course, when we got there today, there had to be a catch. There was no order under Ethan's name of any kind. How strange! Turns out the doc. didn't look carefully when placing the order and put it under hubby's name instead. Easy enough to do especially when Ethan's middle name is hubby's first name, Matthew. Anyways, UGH!! One thing after another. We waited around for nearly an hour before getting word that they had gotten a hold of the doc. and had the order changed. Wheew! At least we didn't make the trip for nothing and we can still get this done!

Next stop was the doc.'s office and he had an emergency surgery so we almost didn't get to see him, but he squeezed us in long enough to tell us the good news--This X-ray was very clear and he could tell at a glance that Ethan's head was perfectly normal!! YAY!!!! I wanted to jump up and down and shout from the roof tops, not only could I now rest easy knowing that my son is well and whole, but also this going around in circles for months and months was finally over. We have a definitive answer and don't have to wonder and live with "what ifs" anymore. What a blessing and relief!

Totin' his milk around

And what a cute little head he has!!
I'm singin'~~
"Ain't God good?!!!! 
He gives me so many blessings, 
undeserving, that's what I am. 
I ought to thank Him, 
love and praise Him,
a little bit today, 
and a whole lot more tomorrow!!!"

Happy, healthy kiddos! ♥
All in all, a very good day--we got some things accomplished {in a foreign country that's HARD to do some days}, got wonderful news, have 2 healthy children, and enjoyed the day and the outdoors together!! For these things, and many, many more--I am thankful!!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord all is fine. Yes, sometimes it takes all day to get one thing accomplished in a foreign country . . . like fill the gas tank in our case last week! I am so glad that Ethan is alright. I can imagine your mommy heart is so happy with the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessi! I am very thankful that he is fine. Also, that when it didn't look like we were going to get anything accomplished yesterday, the Lord worked it all out!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! :)