Our life in Argentina, South America

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flavia's Baby Shower

Last Saturday we had a baby shower for my dear friend, Flavia. She is "heavy laden" with her 4th child--a little princess! As she has a boy (9), girl (7) and boy (3), naturally another little girl fits right into the pattern ;) . I had the privilege of decorating the church auditorium for the occasion and, in spite of recovering from the sickys, I had so much fun with it. It's always nice when the plan/idea in your head turns out the way you envision, or better!

Meet Flavia (and Luana) :)
I was especially glad to be a part of her special day as she has been such a sweet friend to me. When we first moved down here the missionaries we are working with left for a 6 month furlough. We found ourselves {plop} smack-dab in the middle of all things Spanish. Flavia is the youth pastor's wife at our church and did everything in her power, in spite of the pesky language barrier, to befriend me and make me feel comfortable and loved. It didn't matter that we could barely communicate more than a few words to each other, we bonded through smiles and acts of kindness. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me such a friend when I felt so isolated and "out of the loop." So, you see, I really feel like this was my opportunity to repay her for all her kindness to me. It's not easy trying to get to know someone that can't speak your language, dealing with the stutterings, stammerings, pauses, lack of words, etc. Not to mention me being a foreigner and not thinking or doing things the Argentine way. But she has always lovingly put up with me and been a friend to me. Also, I am grateful that things have MUCH improved since the rough beginning of our friendship over 2 years ago. Now, we can chat and laugh and look forward with much anticipation to the arrival of her little beauty. Can't wait to love on her!!


The pretty, girly cake!

Can't take credit for this--made by our pastor's wife

This is more my speed, Diaper Cake! ha

I have a lot of experience with diapers, and I used a soft blanket for the center!

My clothesline of princess' clothes :) This was so easy and fun to do!

Bulletin board (over another bulletin board) See, I am learning...

Flavia & her MIL, playing a game

What concentration! You can see more clothesline in the background, too!

Opening gifts!

Little hat and booties!

Her nephew came up for a closer look!

The much-needed DIAPERS!!
Holding her 2 week old nephew
As you can see, I used some of Clara's {gently used} clothes to do a girly clothesline and decorate the tables with booties and shoes, etc. It was so much fun reminiscing over the tiny garments and washing them up for the next princess to wear. At the end of the shower, I was so happy to give Flavia a box full to overflowing with things for her sweetheart. I know that she needs them, will put them to good use, and deserves all the nice things she received and more! Giving is such a pleasure especially when giving back to a giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)