That's what I have been asking myself in the last few days.
You know that {lovely} little flu bug that had hit Clara and I asked for prayer for in my last post, well, yah, you guessed it. It flew over and bit the rest of us, including mama, fast and hard.
So, Wednesday we started with puke and ended with puke. Actually right on into the wee hours on Thursday. Clara woke up with it, Ethan "caught" it after nap, and Matt and I were kept from sleeping because of it. It was NOT a fun day and night at our house. Trust me and just be thankful you were NOT here. Notice the lack of pictures in this post, yah, there is a VERY good reason for that.
So back to my question, from about midnight til, oh, let's say at least 3 in the morning, I was thinking, "I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!!!!" Especially when I stumbled my way to the bathroom for the 4th {or was it 5th?} time and didn't have the energy to go ALL the WAY back there again, so I weakly crashed on the couch. Just 'cuz I love my bathroom so much, right?! UGH!
Now, the next obvious, logical question is, "What could my mom have really done to help me during that quite trying time?" Yes, you're right. Probably absolutely nothing.
But it sure would have been nice just to have her there. To hear her soothing voice tell me that it will be okay. To have her brush my hair from my face and give me a very long overdue hug. Just those simple things that only a mother's love can supply.
And here I thought I was "all grown up" now. I have 2 kiddos of my own that need me. {Yes, I am very thankful that they were sleeping soundly while I was in the midst of all my bathroom trips!}
But sometimes, even a "grown up" girl just wants her mom! {sniff, SNIFF!}
Ok, I had my "moment", back to real life.
Thankfully, {I think} we are all officially over the nasty flu bug. I even decorated and attended a baby shower for our youth pastor's wife today. She's adding a princess to their family. {dreamy sigh} Even better, I am very excited that we are headed to the Lord's House in the morning to learn from His Word and fellowship with His people. He is good and every faithful!
So, yes I do miss my mom--so much it hurts sometimes.
But, when you can't have your mommy, nestling safe and warm in the Father's arms is even better!
{Wink, Smile!}
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)