Clara has been fighting a nasty skin infection, it started out as just an innocent little red dot on the underside of her chin. At first, it looked like acne and I really didn't think anything of it. Of course, that is when it began its aggressive attack. What was one teeny-weeny spot, became 2 big red blotches of yuck! Those 2 spots, with the help of 2 little hands, grew and claimed more territory in other areas as well. You know what that meant--WAR!!!
I did everything I knew to do, but with poor results. Finally, we took her in to the nearby clinic, and sure enough, she has a skin infection. (I kinda had that figured out by now!) Still, a relief to know that it wasn't chicken pox or something much worse. So, time to disinfect! Sounds like a barrel of fun! Except, antiseptic has a tendency to sting in open sores. Trust me, my almost 4 year old can attest to that! Many squeals pierced the air and tears were shed. However, we were determined not to let the nastiness win.
Then just when it looked like we had it on the run for good, it came back with its 2nd wave, a much stronger full-out assault!! UGH!!!! Poor me!! Poor baby girl!!!! Finally, after another week of trying to get this thing licked, a few new owies would rear their ickiness! So, back to the pediatrician. This time for both kids. Ethan, not wanting to be left out of the drama, developed his own, equally disgusting yet different, infection. Fun! {Grimace!}
The good news is we were doing the right thing, cleansing and disinfecting the sores. However, it just wasn't enough to keep it from spreading and get rid of it for good. So, now we have called in the reinforcements--antibiotic cream!!! WooHooooo!! Hoping this will be our Knight in Shining Armour that rides into save the day {and Clara's skin}!
Ethan's {fun} infection is a type of ear infection. After having it explained to me I think of it as a backed up drain system. His nose "plumbing" is clogged and won't "drain" properly. So, the green ooze has found a different outlet, namely my sweet little boy's left ear. I won't go into more details; I am sure that you get the idea. Yuck!
Amazingly, it doesn't seem to really bother/phase him. He is also taking antibiotics and seems to be on the speedy road to recovery. I am just hoping his ear returns to its normal, dry and non-smelly, state--soon!
Alright, enough of that kind of talk. But, it did get me to thinkin'. Isn't that just like me? Isn't that just like how I normally deal with my sin? I think I have it all under control when, Wham! seemingly out of no where it strikes again, hard, and knocks me down flat. Then, and only then, do I step back for self-evaluation. Hmmm...maybe there's something more to this problem.
Maybe I should do now what I should have done in the first place--take it to the Lord in prayer. Confess. Repent. Forsake. Allow God to do what only He can. Release me from sins' binding chains so that I can live a victorious Christian life. Sin, without Christ, is an incurable, infectious disease. It spreads its ugliness leaving nothing but pain, heartache, and destruction in its wake. I am so glad that I have a just, yet loving God, Who holds the Cure! The precious blood of Jesus Christ that washes me clean and white as fresh fallen snow. I have felt His cleansing touch, not only at salvation, but also every time I am wise enough to go to Him in prayer with the sins "that doth so easily beset me". He is there, ever faithful to hear and forgive and forget. He picks me up, dusts me off, tends my wounds, and mends my broken heart, as only He can. Why, oh why do I take so long to go to Him? Forsaking the sin and clinging to God's Word, that's what I need. It's really pretty simple, not easy, but uncomplicated. I'm the one who likes to make it difficult.
“Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
Psa 51:9-10
This Blessed Old Book
It's a well of pure water when I'm thirsty and dry,
Bread when I'm hungry and worn.
When the battle is raging, it's my faithful sword,
My shelter in life's troubled storm.
It's a light to my pathway and a lamp to my feet,
When the world gets so dark you can't see.
And I've not made a change in one word that it says,
But it sure made a change in me.
CHORUS:
This blessed old book that I hold in my hand,
It's true from beginning to end.
it's the solid foundation where I firmly stand,
Sin kept me from it, now it keeps me from sin.
When I think what it cost just to hold in my hand,
It reminds me that I owe a great debt,
To all of the martyrs who'd gone to the stake,
And quote it with their dying breath.
Now its critics are many and believers are few,
But one thing I've found to be true.
If you find when you read it that there's something wrong,
There's something wrong with you.
--Gary Duty
I am glad that I have the looking glass of the Bible to show me the error of my ways. This mirror gives a true reflection revealing my faults and failures. I am by no means saying it is a picnic; it's hard lookin' at yourself and seeing those saggy bags, those creases and wrinkles, those ugly blemishes. When I allow the sin to come in and take root, it tarnishes the beauty that God intended in my life. But thankfully my shiny looking glass doesn't stop there. It doesn't just show me the ugliness and sin damage, but it provides me with a way to get rid of it. It shows me the path of life and freedom.
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:32
The rash you described sounds so much like what Timothy just got over! He had it about two weeks:( I hope the new cream works for you, but just in case it doesn't...what worked for us was Helichrysum essential oil. It rather expensive, but Timothy's rash started getting better almost as soon as I started using it! Anyway, Hope you have a great day!:)
ReplyDeleteThankfully, it is clearing up, finally!!! Thanks for the tip though! Glad Timmy is better, too! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete