Just kiddin'...{sheepish grin}
Have you ever felt like that? And really wanted to scream it at the top of your lungs, too? Yep, I think we have all been there a time or two. Any mama with a fussy baby can certainly relate. Or how about a college student struggling to cram for a test, finish projects and papers, work, do their ministries, clean for white glove inspection, and keep their eyeballs propped open with toothpicks? How about that person that is fighting an uphill battle against dreaded cancer or some other painful, horrible, life-threatening disease or the loved one that is watching helplessly from the sidelines, full of pain and grief?
Or maybe it is just as simple as this:
| I really need this sign! ;) |
So many things are all about attitude. It's about acting not reacting. Making a conscious choice and not being carried away by what is happening around us.
It's so easy to let the circumstances in life get us down and steal our happiness. If you are doing, "Alright, under the circumstances..." You are not doing alright at all; what are you doin' under there?!!! Easy to say, harder to do.
This is what our ladies' Bible study was about last Thursday night. The lie (as women) that we believe about our circumstances, "I can't take it anymore!!" "I can't handle this!" "I want out!"
Although we have all had those moments in our lives where we have felt like that, we cannot allow ourselves to dwell, live and wallow there. Because a lie is exactly what it is. And if we tell ourselves a lie long enough, we will believe and it will turn into the truth.
Also, in part, the statement is true. In and of myself, I can't take it anymore! BUT, we are not alone. We are daughters of the King and joint-heirs with Jesus. We have all-power given unto us through Christ.
What a blessing and relief to know that I do not walk through this world, with its heartaches and trials, by myself. My favorite verse puts it best:
"The LORD is on my side;
I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"
Psalm 118:6
Another verse that helps me so much during moments of great difficulty is I Cor. 10: 13:
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
It is tempting to think, "I can't deal with this!" It is tempting to throw up my hands and say "It's too much, I quit!" But, he promises to provide us a way of escape, not that we will escape the trial, but find a way to bear it. How can that be? When we give it all to Him. He has broad shoulders for carrying our heavy loads.
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30
Sweet rest in the midst of the storm. The weight will be lifted. If we only give it to Him and leave it there! So often as women we are tempted to pick up that silly burden again. Why would we want to do that?!? It's in such strong, capable hands.
So true!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for writing this Heather! It was such a blessing and encouragement! I hope you all are doing well:) I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch better! Love and miss you! ~Grace
ReplyDelete