Every day that I wake up, I know that I have my sweet Clara and cute Ethan waiting for me and to share the day with. You know all those seemingly monotonous, everyday, routine moments that we go through as homemakers, well, they don't seem nearly so typical, normal, blah-blah, when you throw kids in the mix. Enjoying all the little accidents, incidents, funny sayings and crazy things that happen throughout any given day, not to mention just looking at the world through the eyes of a full-of-energy 3 year old or an exploring 9 mth. old (is he really that old already?!?), is quite the adventure!
You know, I have found that life is full of "little interruptions".
Interruptions like:
Stopping whatever I am doing about 500 times per day to blow or wipe a runny nose
"Mommy, I need to go potty!"
{Dumping out said potty--fun, fun!}
Crash!
"Mommy, Ethan's pulling over the lamp, again!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" {interpretation--I fell down}
"WAAAAHHHH!!!! {interpretation--I want to be fed, held, and/or changed}
Buzz! Dryer's done!
The pilot light blew out on the hot water heater
EEEKKKK!!! Time to kill a GINORMOUS Cockroach! {Hideous creatures! SHUDDER!}
Microwave dinging to announce that the meat is thawed
Ringing phone {probably with an annoying telemarketer on the other end}
"Clap" at the door {most likely someone trying to sell me more rags, that's one thing I don't need}
Holler from the mailman {"Corrrrrreeeeoooooo!"}
"Mommy, Ethan's trying to eat the fridge magnets again!"
"Honey, where's my..." {keys, phone, socks, belt...}
Ethan's screeching noises
"Mommy, Ethan's knocking over my chalkboard!"
"Mom, I am hungry!"
"Mom, I wanna watch one of my favorites."
"Mom, can I have....gum, "lipstuff" {chapstick}, "fluffy stuff" {face powder}, crackers, etc. etc."
"Honey, do you have a shirt ironed for me?"
"Oh, I forgot to tell you, we have to go to..."
Changing a gazillion ninety-eleven diapers {90% stinky}
"Mommy, can you turn the light on?"
"Mom, can you open my book drawer, toy box, etc..."
....and the list goes on and on.
BUT, I have also found that all of these "little interruptions" are really little blessings in disguise. Why? First, because the "causes" of these little " interruptions" are the little (& big) people that I love and care about most in this world. Secondly, because without these interruptions, what would I do?!? These little things that come up multiple times a day mean that I am needed and useful. I am their mom/his wife and they love me and need me. Nothing better than that. It is all too easy to see these "interruptions" as annoyance, rather than what they really are, a family that needs this mama. In spite of all my lack of talents and abilities, they still need me to cut up the noodles, tie that shoe, iron that shirt, wipe that runny nose, etc. etc. Those things I CAN do, and I strive to do lovingly, because I am their mama/his wife.
So, all this to say--what a privilege to be a mama to my babies.
What a blessing to feel her little arms wrap around my neck that lets me know that I am loved.
What an amazing feeling washes over me as I hear that gentle breathing as he sleeps or see that smile widen across his face when I enter the room.
What little miracles that I have the honor to call my kids.
What treasures that are full of potential to do great things for the Lord.
So, sooooooo very thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be a mama {to the best kiddos in the world, I might add ;) } Not perfect kids, just perfect for me.
![]() | |
| Me and My kids (Notice the big Ethan Baby bump) last Thanksgiving '09 {BTW, VERY glad that Baby Man is on the outside of my belly this year! ha} |
P.S. They are the ones that need your prayers {I mean, look who they have for a mama?! ;) }

No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)