Our life in Argentina, South America

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"O, How much I must love you..."

My Sweet Clara~
"O, How much I must love you...."
These are the words that came to mind last night,
yes, last night, or rather in the wee hours of the morning
when I was awakened from my slumber
by the sound of your pitiful cry
you were in need and your mama was there.

"O, How much I must love you..."
As I entered your room and beheld such a sight
a sight no mother wants to encounter
but most likely all do at some time or another
you see, you were sitting up in your bed 
surrounded by blankets and your 4 most favorite friends
but something else had been added to the mix
a most unwelcome guest
I am still puzzled as to how it came to visit us
but nevertheless its presence was surely made known
"O, How much I must love you..."
I thought as I brought a wet rag 
to bathe your face and clean your hands, your hair,
your sheets, blankets, rug, and even lamby pie 
had suffered temporary damage as well.
So, with your dad beside me
we cleaned up the mess
including a trip to the tub for you 
and a ride in the wash machine for everything else.
"O, How much I must love you..."
I thought as I knelt by the tub
and gently removed the gunk and grime from your hair
while whispering soothing words of comfort
and making sure that your tummy was feeling better.

"O, How much I must love you..."
as I wrap you in a towel all snug and warm
as I search for and put you in clean jammies
and daddy and I make up your bed
with fresh sheets and soft blankets.
And of course, a replacement for lamby, 
fat bear, was located as well,
to help you through what remains of this strange night.

"O, How much I must love you..."
as I assure you that everything is alright now
and tuck you up safe in your newly made, fresh and sweet smelling bed.
Daddy and I pause to pray, 
to pray that you will be okay, 
that you will rest easy for the night
with no more episodes or problems in sight.

"O, How much I must love you..."
as I was interrupted right in the middle of writing this note
to take care of round #2 
at the breakfast table this morning. 
I guess crackers and gatorade are on the menu for you today.

"O, How much I do love you!"
My sweet little girl with an upset tummy
in spite of the messes 
in spite of the piled up laundry
in spite of all the work and lack of sleep
I LOVE YOU!

"True love is...abandoning a cozy, warm bed to clean up puke in the middle of the night."
Yes, THAT is how much I love you!!!


My Clara's smile--more beautiful than any rose!



P.S. (I would do it again in a heartbeat, too. Anything for you! Love U!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)