Don't worry, nobody punched me nor did I slip and fall. Although my head is/has been in a fuzzy, stuffy la-la-land lately due to this antagonizing cold that has hit our home {Super UGH!}, that is not affecting my vision either. Nope, just attempting some more creativity.
Voila! LADYBUG INVITATIONS!! Aren't they just about the cutest thing you have ever seen?!? Ok, ok, maybe I am {a bit} prejudice due to: Fact #1--I have a thing for ladybugs. ♥ Fact #2--I, yes little-old-me, made them, all 50 of them!
Now let me tell you why I made these cutie bugs and why SO many! Next Sunday is Mother's Day in Argentina. (I know it sounds crazy, but as it is spring here, it really does feel like May down here anyway) In a little over a week we are having a Mother/Daughter Tea at our church for our ladies' mtg. this month and our decor. theme is {you guessed it, didn't you?} Ladybugs! I had to make a lot more invitations than usual, as we really try to make this month's meeting extra special and invite our moms, or daughters, and neighbors and friends, too. It is going to be so adorable and fun, I can't wait to show you some more of the cute things I have planned and how it all turns out!
Now, back to the invitations. I will readily admit that this was not my original idea, I "borrowed it" from here and tweaked it a bit to make it "mine". I love having so many resources at my fingertips! The BEST part of this project was that my pastor's wife found this amazing paper--red with black polka dots! Sure saved me a LOT of work on this one and it looks so much better, too. Also, another friend of mine found the wiggly eyes for me and even haggled the price down to save me some money, too!
So, here's my big pile of "buggy friends" all ready and waiting to be handed out. We are praying that we will have a great turn out and that the Lord will use this as a wonderful opportunity to see some ladies' come to know Him as Saviour!
Such a feeling of satisfaction to complete a project like this! {Deep sigh of relaxation and contentment Aaahhh...} Wait a sec--I have a lot more "buggy projects" that are waiting for me! No time to sit around, I better get a move on!
'Til the next time...
P.S. Speaking of all things creative, if you remember my last post on the subject, I DID print 2 of my verses and framed them and gave them to my secret pal for her bday. However, in my excitement, I completely forgot to snap a few pics. of the finished projects. :( They didn't print out quite as nice as I had hoped, but from what I could tell, she seemed pleased with them! :)
Oh my goodness,those are sooo cute!! I just love them!! What a neat theme. You did a great job on them!! Can't wait hopefully to see pictures of more stuff or of the mothers day event! God bless!!
ReplyDeleteThanks :D I had so much fun making them and hope to get more pics up as I get some more projects done. Fighting a nasty cold bug at my house, so could sure use your prayers to have the strength and energy to get everything done before the big event!
ReplyDelete