So, as I begin this new year of life for me, one of my {many} goals is to do a better job with today! To better balance my time and prioritize and organize, but also to find the time to spend with my kiddos and hubby and to cherish each precious day with them. And most of all, to do what the Lord wants me to do each and every day. The Lord has brought these 2 verses to my attention recently and has really been 'working on me' with them:
In John 17:4, Jesus says:
"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."
And also in James 4:14:
"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
Don't worry, I am not trying to be dark or morbid {no creepy background music needed here}. Just giving myself a reminder that I, though still young {yes, I am young yet, despite my gray hairs telling me otherwise} I am not promised tomorrow. All the more reason, to do my very best for my Lord with the time that he so graciously gives me. You see, as a wife and mama that is involved with ministries at church, it is o-so-easy to be pulled in multiple directions on a daily basis. John 17:4 has helped me to see that the important thing is NOT that I get everything on MY list done {good thing, because it never seems to happen} the really important thing is that each day I wake up and get done what is on GOD'S list for me to do that day. Do I fulfill my part or fail my Father. I am afraid that I fall in to the 2nd category way more often than I want to admit. But, it is a relief to know that He is there to help me and everyday I wake to a fresh new start.
So, ALL that to say, I am so thankful for the 27 years that the Lord has blessed me with and my ♥'s prayer and desire in the next day, in the next year, is to better live for and serve HIM.
So, ALL that to say, I am so thankful for the 27 years that the Lord has blessed me with and my ♥'s prayer and desire in the next day, in the next year, is to better live for and serve HIM.
P.S. Please stay tuned, I have a lot of posts in the works, and thoughts bouncing around in my {somewhat stuffy} head. However, as a mama of 2 kids 3 and under, well, you know how it goes sometimes, right? Anyways, hopefully more {great} things to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)