Our life in Argentina, South America

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Princess Birthday Prep.

Whether I like to admit it or not {and I don't} my "baby" is turning 4 on Monday. That's right, 4 !!!! I truly cannot fathom how we have come to this point already, but the calendar doesn't lie. So, we are getting ready to have a birthday blast for my sweet little princess. Here's the plans:

Sunday

Dress her in a cute outfit and have a "4 yr. old glamor photo shoot" 

Take lots of tasty treats to church to share with all her little buddies in Sunday School

Decorate the living room after church Sunday night for her to wake up to in the AM

Monday

Choc. chip Mickey Mouse pancake breakfast

Open presents

Make birthday cake

Lunch at the park

Play with all her new toys etc.

Spend the whole day together as a family

Tuesday

Surprise Clara by meeting up with friends at the mall

Eat in the food court, bowling, kiddie rides, and arcade games

CAKE!!!!

That's the basic idea anyway. All I know for sure is that we are going to have a ton of fun and that she will be bouncing off the walls with excitement at all her presents and seeing all her friends! At this point, I think I may be slightly more excited than she is, but only because I know what is coming up!

And yes, I know that she is going to be super spoiled by all of this, since we are kind of turning her birthday into a 2-3 day celebration. But, I look at it this way...she has been {somewhat patiently} awaiting her birthday since after Ethan had his birthday, and that was back in February! Since hers comes next after his in our family, she thought that it should {magically} be hers right away. So she has been waiting, waiting, and {tick, tock, tick, tock} waiting for her turn. And also, I figure since none of her aunts, uncles, nor grandparents, are here to spoil her in person, that I will just have to sacrifice and fill in for them! {Chuckle!} It's rough being a missionary kid, I tell ya! {BIG grin}

Don't worry now, you know that I will be back here soon with LOTS of pics to share! Also, I will have to dig up some of my "baby's" baby pics and tell you a little bit more about this amazing girl that I am proud to call my daughter! Here's a little sneak peak!

My baby girl at about 3 weeks old!

Not what you expected my "blondie" to look like as a baby, huh?! :))

2 comments:

So glad to hear from you! :)