So sweet and harmless.
A tool in the hand's of a little child to create wonderful works of art.
But, only if used in the right way.
At the table with paper...
Not in the dryer with a load of laundry.
However, that's exactly where I found a blue crayon recently. What a sinking feeling I got when I saw my nice {supposed to be clean} dress clothes covered with {lovely} blue streaks.
It is still a mystery to me how it made its way into my dryer. It was a load of dress clothes, with no pants' (or skirts') pockets to hide crayons in. Hmmm....
What damage just a little crayon can do. It wasn't multiple crayons or even one, whole crayon. Probably an inch of crayon or less.
Nevertheless, it sure made a mess. {I rhymed! lol}
So, this got me thinkin'.
Isn't sin just like that?
Sometimes sin seems like such a little, harmless thing. So much so that we don't want to call it what it really is--SIN.
When really it is an awful lot like that piece of blue crayon.
It creeps into our lives and before we realize what has happened it leaves a trail of damage and destruction.
We are left to reap the consequences.
And, worst of all, it doesn't effect just us. Oh, no. Just like the crayon left stains on the whole load of laundry, so sin leaves its stains on us and all those around us.
Our husband/wife, our kids, our relatives, church family, friends, neighbors...the ripple effect is far-reaching.
OUCH!! I think I have enough to think about for now.
Time to stop letting the "little things" slide. Time to ask the Great Stain Remover to get to work on my heart again.
"Hide thy face from my sins,
and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me."
~Psalms 51:9-10
{Btw, I did get the crayon out of everything but 2 pieces of clothing. Very thankful for that!}
Oh, and Lord willing, my next post will be coming to you from about 600 miles from where I now sit, we are headed out for a vacation/survey trip. Please pray for us (esp. my sweet hubby) as we are going to be {attempting} to make the 11-12 hr. trip with kiddos all in one day.
6:00 will be here soon, so Good Night! {Tired Smile}
Just did the same thing with our dress whites. Only it's a purple crayon. How'd you get the color out?
ReplyDeleteHello! Fortunately for me {and my load of laundry} the damage was pretty minimal. I just treated the bad spots with dish soap and soaked them in hot water in the tub for an hour or so. Then I washed them with a pre-wash setting, double rinse, and added some backing soda in with my laundry dtgt. If you google it, you will find lots of ideas!
ReplyDeleteBtw, sorry it took me so long to respond (we were out of town). Hope you had success with your clothes! :)
Just poppin' in to say Hi! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog right after my little Micah was born. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this was a great post... such a great illustration! And, your blog looks great!
If you'll add a subscription box (which you can do for free through feedburner.com) I'd love to subscribe to your blog and get your posts coming into my inbox...
Looking forward to hearing about your survey trip!
Thanks Jolene! You are such a sweet friend. I added the Subscription Box for you (I am still trying to find my way through all this high-tech stuff ha!) Glad we can keep in touch this way! :)
ReplyDelete