Our life in Argentina, South America

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bug Bitten Buddy

Well, it seems that my sweet little Baby-Man has a gift. A special knack for attracting aaaallll the mosquitoes in the entire area right to him. Wherever we are, he cannot escape. They hunt him down and find him--merciless creatures. I am beginning to think that they have attached a homing device to him and that I just haven't discovered it yet. They must be looking at their buddies and saying, "Hey, over here. The Sweetest little boy in all of Argentina is right over this way. Come on over for a taste; you have never had anything like it, I assure you."

The good news is that lack of rain = not a million, bajillion mosquitoes this year. Only a couple hundred thousand or so are out there trying to track my baby down. And they are doing a bang-up job of it, too.






Guess he has some Indian blood in him after all. We'll have to start calling him "Little Red Blotchy Faced One" or something like that.



Or maybe he's the "other kind of Indian", with the dot right in the middle of his forehead! Poor baby boy!

All I know is that we are going to take out stock in OFF repellant. Plus, Caladryl and Benadryl are definitely becoming new-found friends of ours, as sometimes his bites are accompanied with LOTS of swelling. A couple weeks ago a bite on his forehead swelled up into a big knot and you would have sworn he had hit his head hard in a nasty fall. Then today he is fighting with a swollen calf, his left leg from the knee down is noticeably bigger than the other one. Not to mention the above pictured "Dumbo Ear" episode. All due to our over friendly mosquitoes. I know there are definitely worse things to contend with such as food allergies and serious illnesses or impediments, but it's still annoying and uncomfortable and makes me say "GRRR!!! Back off mosquitoes! Nobody is allowed to eat up my Baby-Man! {except his mama, wink}."

As much as I will be sad to see summer leave us, it will be nice to get a reprieve from these "Ethan-craving" critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)