Our life in Argentina, South America

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday in T - coming waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to Fast

It's unbelievable! My baby boy is about to be the "BIRTHDAY BOY!!!" What in the world happened here?!?! I think I turned my back for a sec, or blinked a couple times, and "POOF!" He's huge, in to everything, and getting ready to turn 1 year old ?!?! Impossible!! And yet, the calendar tells me it is all true.

Standing in his bed

Crawling around at Sunday School



Showing off his cute "Toofers"


The other day, I went to the mail box and to my surprise inside was an envelope addressed to Ethan Gansemer, and WHAM! it hit me, what I hold in my hand is my boy's first birthday card. Sure enough, that's exactly what it was, too. Nice to receive the card, but yet I kinda wanted to just curl up and cry. How could this be? Then, I went to the store and found myself in the party aisle searching for a big number 1 candle. And today, while we were out and about trying to get things done, we had to stop at the store and wound up in the toy section picking out "manly" toys for our Baby Man. But all the time, my brain is working really hard to take this all in. I know that the calendar has rolled over to February of 2011. I know that my child's clothing size, 12-18 mths. is a telltale sign, not to mention his crawling all over the place, grabbing everything he can get his hands on, screeching, giggling, and ever-growing vocabulary of new sounds are all good clues. Along with the adorable clapping, waving, and "So Big"s, too. Nevertheless, my mommy heart does not want to recognize as fact what all these things are telling me. That is, that  
my baby isn't a baby anymore!!! {Sniff, sniff}

11 months--January 16, 2011
♥ Pure Handsomeness

So, no more blinking. Going to try and keep my eyes open wide and enjoy every, single, precious moment I can with my Big Man. 1 1/2 weeks til "Toddlerhood". Be afraid, be very afraid. {ha, ha, wink ;) }

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)