Today is Mother's Day, so I want to take a moment and give thanks for a godly mother. As I sit at my computer some 5,000 miles away from her, I am a bit sad and wistful, but just looking at her picture brightens my day and puts a smile on my face. She is a wonderful mother who has stuck with it through thick and thin, good and bad. She has been faithful to my dad, to each of her kids, to her grandbabies, to her church, and most of all to her Lord. Has she faced hard things and difficult situations? You bet. But she has always kept God first and even though she doesn't always understand what, why, when, or how, she knows that God is in control and that is enough.
She is a fantastic example of a wife as she follows my daddy and cares for his needs. She is a terrific example as a mom who is always there with a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on, she takes time for me and makes me feel loved and special. She is a great example of a godly woman who prays for her family and takes God at His Word.
My mind is flooded with sweet memories of time spent with my dear mom, moments I will never regret and always cherish. If you are blessed to have a mom that even resembles mine, be thankful for her today and everyday that you have with her. I LOVE YOU, MOM!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)