Our life in Argentina, South America

Thursday, May 13, 2010

"O, Shopping, How I Had Missed You"

Yesterday I was able to go shopping with my Pastor's wife. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but let me tell you IT WAS!! Let me explain: First, I, Heather, yes I mean ME, actually got out of the house and did something. I am not complaining a bit, I love taking care of my house and kiddos (or at least attempting to, I never seem to keep up), but being able to "escape" for a little bit felt GLORIOUS!!! Secondly, I went with only my purse, which actually had money in it, too! No diaper bag, no bottles or sippie cups, no stroller, and no babies to guide across the street or stop and feed. Again, I LOVE and ADORE my kids, but a little time just for ME sure felt good! (Thanks to my sweet honey for staying home and taking care of things for me :)
On top of that, I had a shopping list and was actually able to fulfill some of it. Love it when that happens~actually feels like I accomplished something! My Clara's birthday is coming up next month (and no, I really can't believe she will be 3 already, craziness!) I bought some cute Winnie the Pooh decor. for that and a couple presents, some gifts for my secret pal, and a few other little things. Nothing for myself, but that really doesn't matter. More than the actual act of buying things was the thrill of just getting out, enjoying the beautiful fall day (and yes, I do mean FALL, southern hemisphere, remember?! I am not used to it either ;) and just having a few moments away from the routine of daily chores, dirty diapers, and dreaded homework. It was such a breath of fresh air for me, and makes me realize how much I took for granted in the States. It used to be so easy to jump in the car and run to the store, whenever I had the notion. Life is sooo different now, in this area. Not bad, just different. I am glad that the Lord is teaching me to value the "Little" things and be more thankful, even for a simple afternoon shopping trip! :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get out! Those 'mommy-mental-health-breaks' are LIFESAVERS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie! It really was JUST WHAT I NEEDED! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! :)