Our life in Argentina, South America

Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Peanut ... & Jelly"


Gotta love kiddos, they say the CUTEST things! :) Everyday, without exception, something comical comes soaring out of my daughter, Clara's, mouth. She is a riot; has always been a big "ham" and thrives on the attention that her cute antics get her.
So the other day she woke up from her nap (which is not always a pleasant experience, this girl likes to SLEEP ;0) and promptly came into the office, where I was working on the computer, to find her "baby-man brudder" relaxing on the spare bed. Without a word to me, (I have found that she only has eyes for her real life doll now, Mommy gets no love anymore! ;) she crawled up on the bed and snuggled up next to "Baby Efnan". When she got comfy with her head next to his, she beamed up at me happily and the first words from her mouth were "We're peanut & jelly." Hmmm...I thought about that for a second before I caught on and responded, "O really?!? Why's that?" Clara, still with a big cheesy grin in place, "Cuz we're together!"
LOVE IT!
My daughter the comedian and her version of :
I think that she is pretty smart and came up with a good comparison. When later questioned as to which one she was she said that she's the Jelly and Ethan's the Peanut Butter. She is a "Sweetie" like Jelly, and Ethan is IRRESISTIBLE like Peanut Butter! Makes perfect sense to this Mama! (Wouldn't you agree?!? ;)
I know that in the months and years to come she will not always be so affectionate and loving to her little bro., but I am excited to watch them grow up together and develop their brotherly-sisterly bond. My prayer is that they will both learn to love the Lord and serve Him together--just like "Peanut... & Jelly"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)