Our life in Argentina, South America
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Shopping...my poor hubby
Well, my brave hubby is doing the unthinkable, totally unmanly chore~shopping! Bad enough that he has to find himself a new wardrobe, but he has to get things to clothe our babies, too. So, being the intelligent man that I married, he made a wise move and recruited help. :) A fellow-missionary wife and friend of ours, was kind enough to go out and find clothes for my kiddos, a job I would have enjoyed doing had I been able to make the trip. What a blessing to have good friends to step up and lend a hand when you need it. Now the advantage of not being in the states to do this, is not having to do the packing. Packing is no fun, especially when you are trying to pack for international travel and squish a ton of stuff into a few suitcases, and on top of that, not exceed your weight limit. I will gladly relinquish this part of the trip to my kind mom and sweet hubby any day! However, it does make me feel a bit helpless, sitting here in Argentina at my computer with the kiddos around me, and not able to do the shopping and packing and help make the decisions myself. I am learning that it is alright to need help and ask for it and to rely on the graciousness of others. If they are your family and friends they are glad to do it and only ask for a little appreciation, which I am glad to give from an overflowing grateful ♥. Sometimes you just do all that you can do, and then you have to let go. God always supplies where we are lacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)