Our life in Argentina, South America
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Hmm.....Where do I begin? with thankfulness, of course
As in the lives of mamas everywhere, there is always so much to do and so little time, right?! It sure feels that way sometimes. I always feel like I am playing catch up...the problem is I never do. ;) BUT, I would never, ever trade it. Not for the world. Right now as I sit at the desk and write this first (of many, I hope) posts, I am thinking of many things. My recent disappointment at being left behind is close to the forefront. At times, this overwhelms me and I admit, I cry inside and out at times, esp. when I am forced to crawl into my bed--ALONE. What an ugly word--ALONE. It is nice to catch a moment 'alone' here and there, a rarity for a mother. However, I am a people person and generally much prefer to have those I love around me. Particularly my dear husband, Matt, who I love with all my ♥ and miss tremendously as he is a continent away. Unfortunately, this will most likely not be the last time that we will have to be separated by thousands of miles. On the other hand, God is in control. I am learning this lesson and many others during this time. I am learning that you do all you can do and leave the rest in His hands, of course, this is always true, isn't it?! But I realize it more with no man in the house to be my comfort and protector. I am learning that God is still, as He has always been, right there beside me. He really doesn't need Matt to look out for me, He does a fantastic job, all on His own. :) I am also learning how thankful I am for my husband and the sweet little angels that are peacefully sleeping right now (coinciding nap times--amazing!). (At least they look like angels from my point of view ;) My hubby's absence makes me realize even more how much he does for me and I hope to show him how much I appreciate him when he returns. From bringing home mint choc. chip ice cream (my favorite!) unexpectedly or taking out the garbage, all the little things are really what means SO much. And I am thankful for the kiddos, because although they drive me crazy at times, I would surely go crazy without them in my life. They bring so much joy and laughter into my life along with all the daily tasks (hey, anything worth having is worth working for, remember?!!) sometimes, I need to stand back and enjoy the moments because they go by so fast and my kids remind me to do that. And here comes my daughter, Clara, up from her nap and talking 90 miles/hr. as usual and full of questions! ♥ my kiddos! Well, duty calls, until next time...
Missionary Mama Musings
Lessons Learned,
thankfulness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)