Our life in Argentina, South America

Monday, April 26, 2010

God Still Answers Prayer

Sometimes it is all too easy to get wrapped up in the problems that we see and the negative things in the world. However, I am happy to report that God is still in control and still in the prayer-answering business. Today I was reminded of that by 2 "big" things that happened, which got me to thinking about all the other answered prayers that I witness every day. First, I got a call from a dear friend of mine to let me know that her 7 yr. old daughter got saved last night! She asked her daddy to help her with her prayers before bed time because she wanted to get saved. WOW! After he asked her a few questions and explained a few things, she knelt beside her bed and asked Jesus to come into her heart. Later, she told her mom that they had been learning about a big feast in Heaven during Sunday School and she did NOT want to miss out on that!!! How precious to hear of a child's sweet conversion, share in the joy, and be reminded of that time at Vacation Bible School as a little girl that I accepted Christ almost 22 years ago! Second, just moments after I hung up the phone, I saw a note online from a friend here in Argentina. Her husband has been having some serious health issues and they ran a bunch of tests to see what was going on, with a possibility of cancer. Finally, after a few weeks of waiting, and praying, and nail biting, etc., the test results came back negative and his problem is easily treatable and curable! Praise the LORD!! God is always faithful to His Servants! These 2 instances are HUGE, but thankfully God answers my "little" prayers everyday, too. When He protects me and my family from harm and sickness, when He provides our daily needs of housing, food and clothing, when He allows my appliances to function properly, when my kids grow and develop normally (including the non-stop chatter, I know, it really is normal ;), when He watches over my extended family and keeps them safe, when He forgives my short comings (of which there are MANY!), and so many other things that I take for granted~~He answers my prayers and He shows His great love to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)