Our life in Argentina, South America

Thursday, June 9, 2011

4 years of Smiles!

I remember...oh, so many, many things...

I remember going to the hospital and after thankfully a short and fairly easy delivery {water births are the BEST!!}, meeting my sweetie girl for the first time. We came to the hospital, like all 1st time parents-to-be, not really knowing what was in store for us. On top of that, we came with 2 names picked out--Clara Grace and Seth Matthew, because we had decided to be surprised and didn't know that we were having a Clara yet. Well, actually, if you ask my hubby, he was pretty sure it would be a girl. With both of my pregos. he has had a dream and very vividly saw what gender baby we would have. So far, he's 2 for 2! Stinker! I thought it was us girls that were supposed to have "women's intuition"  and all that?!?

Anywho, our darling bundle of joy came into the world on Wednesday, June 6, 2007, at 7:13 p.m. She weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 1/4 in. long. Her sweet little head was covered with a good amount of dark brown hair that curled when wet and had her daddy's beautiful blue eyes. She was a picture of perfection, sweetness, and all things girly. And to me, she still is!!

Just moments out of the oven!
♥ Our first family pic! ♥ {Yes, I know how exhausted I look!}

A few hours old and very alert!

Home from the hospital!
♥ My all time favorite pic of Hubby and baby Clara ♥


1st Father's Day--1 1/2 weeks old
We enjoyed our little sweetie so much that we decided to take her "show on the road", a.k.a. deputation. She made a big splash, let me tell ya!

My favorite pic of me and my baby girl! ♥

Such a happy, relaxed baby!
Check out those chubby cheeks!! ♥


Lovin' Life, Lookin' Cute!

Playing with mama!
Lookin' Mischievous!
6 month/Christmas pics


First piggy tails and waving!


First time to swing!

First Easter--9 months

Her shirt says: "Everybody Loves a Blue Eyed Girl!"

Lighting up the room with her smile!

Time at Grandpa G.'s farm--doing laundry and playing with cats = FUN!

One cool chick!
And before we knew it, it was birthday time.
"Happy Birthday toooooo Yoooooouuuu!!"
Showing us that she is "1" year old!


1 year pic

Family pics on her 1st birthday!

And somehow, 1 turned into 2.

Daddy/Daughter moment on her 2nd birthday

Which quickly jumped to 3.

3 year old "glamour shot"


Until we find ourselves here, with our "baby" girl turning 4!!! I know what you are thinking, it's only going to get worse. The time is not going to slow down any time soon, but rather fly by faster and faster like a spinning top or a rushing wind. And I know that is most definitely true! So, I will be thankful for today and for the 4 years of beautiful, precious life that the Lord has graciously given our daughter. She is truly a gift from God that has brightened our day, everyday of her life.

4 year old "glamour shot" from Sunday

My princess on her birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if we saw her when she was 6 months old. That looks most like what I remember her looking like. But has it been that long since we were together in that missions conference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember right that conference was just before Easter so she would have been 9 months. It is crazy to think that it has been over 3 years since then!!! So glad that we met you all then and that both our families are now on the field, learning, and growing, and striving to serve the Lord! Such a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! :)