Our life in Argentina, South America

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SPRING--It's finally here!

Isn't this cute?! Even little 'lamby pies' know when Spring arrives!
Spring, SpRiNg, SPRING!!! It has arrived in Argentina!!! WooHOO! Pardon me while I do a little happy dance! So, so very happy and excited to see the signs of spring all around me. For those of you that may not know me very well, I grew up in Wisconsin, but I most definitely did NOT receive the insulating, heat generating genes to go with it. I know how to bundle up like an Eskimo against the bitter cold of winter, but that does NOT mean that I actually stay/get warm nor does it mean that I like it. I think once winter hits with all its fury I turn into one great, big, frozen Popsicle until this very day, the first day of Spring, rolls around again! Hence, why I am very happy to live in Argentina where "winter" is really not true winter. Winter = freezing cold, ice, snow, blizzards, white-outs, etc. None of those things exist where I currently live--Yay for me!

Ok, enough about winter, (I don't even really like that word) Let's talk about SPRING!! ♥, ♥, ♥, it! Of course, spring is a bit different down here as it runs from Sept. 21-Dec. 21. It doesn't include Easter, but still includes Mother's Day (it's in Oct. down here), as well as my birthday is now a Spring birthday (I like fall, too, but it's not a bad trade off) also, Thanksgiving, and on up to almost Christmas. (We'll discuss baking in the scorching heat of summer at a later date)

It's true, the bug bit me! :)

I am excited about the birds chirping, the flowers blooming, everything looking lush and green (hey, I'm not the one that has to cut the grass {wink}) the many more moments of daylight and the warm sunshine falling upon my face and giving a little color to my {o-so-very white} limbs. I love seeing God's Creation come alive again and beholding its beauty and majesty all around me. I love being able to give my tootsies freedom and wear flip-flops {I know they are horrible for your feet, but I am addicted} But, I would have to say that my very mostest, favoritest thing is just plain being WARM!!! I really and truly despise being cold! I am shivering and shuddering just thinking about it. {Uuuuuuhhhh, Brrrrr!}

Just wanted to stop in and share my enthusiasm with you--even if you may be stuck up north somewhere {everyone is "up north" to me, teehee} enjoying fall and cringing and preparing for another winter soon to follow. I am here to remind you that somewhere, way down here on the other side of the planet, It is SPRING! It's my turn afterall! So, from Argentina I wish you all a very.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)