Yes, you read right, C-A-R! The Gansemer family has its own wheels once again!!! After almost 1 1/2 years of waiting, saving, hoping, praying, searching, etc. etc. I am sitting at the computer right now, anxiously and I will admit nervously, awaiting the return of my hubby with our new found treasure. How fitting that just a day after INDEPENDENCE DAY, we will be able to gain more independence of our very own!!! I feel like running outside, jumping up and down, and with all my might shouting, "FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!" (Hey, I could, no one would understand me anyway! Oh, other than the other missionaries around the block, and I am sure that they would be happy to join in my celebration! They have been our primary means of transportation for all this time so I am sure they will be overjoyed to have their freedom back, too ;)
Our car won't be new, or luxurious, or fancy, or perfect--but it will be OURS and it will be all those things to US!!!!! Of course, it makes me choke to think of all the money that we saved up being spent on a car; especially as it costs 2x as much as it would in the States! After all, we are not exactly buying the top of the line, latest model, decked-out car. Did I mention it is 15 years old?! BUT, God knows the desires of our hearts, and is giving me back the Honda Accord that I had to part with when we began deputation. I loved that car, and am so excited to now have its "younger sister" to drive around. No matter what anyone says or thinks, we will be cruising around in style, in our "new" car, and the bonus, working AC, won't that feel heavenly when the temps. begin to skyrocket in just a few more months?!!! Let me tell you, YES, it sure will!!! I will probably be begging Matt just to take us for a ride so that we can cool off!
I have a couple more posts in the works that I will be sharing with you soon, but there is nothing more exciting than the thought of having a car again after all this time!! Just had to stop and share it with you!
Watch out, Argentina! The Gansemers are hitting the open road! :)))
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited for you!
ReplyDelete