Our life in Argentina, South America

Monday, July 8, 2013

Jumping back in...

with both feet, or maybe it's "diving in head first" ?! Hmmm....sure hope there's water in the pool. :S

Anywho, not really sure where to begin with all that has happened in the past year. Furlough is a whirlwind, let me tell ya. But, I think I will get into that more later...

For now, I just wanted to let you know that, yes, I am still here...after a long blogging sabbatical, I am still a missionary mama, I still have an amazing family, I still have a Great Big and Very Good God, I still have joys and struggles, and I still want to write here, for me and whoever wants to bend a "listening ear".

I'm going to give you the very quick and abbreviated version of what's going on in our crazy life so that we can at least attempt to be on the same page and make sense of some of my future musings. Ok, here goes...

Brenna was born April 9, 2012--no, I absolutely CANNOT believe that it has been 15 months since then already. Trust me, she does not resemble those newborn itsy-bitsy baby pics anymore. Will try to give you a picture update soon, too.

Packed up our house and put everything in storage then headed back to the states for our first furlough at the end of June 2012.

At the airport in Argentina June 2012

Enjoying the plane ride!

On our way to meet Grandma and Grandpa!

Looking pretty and being sweet on the plane!
Crazy-busy blur of activity--traveling, reporting to churches, seeing friends, and family, birthdays, holidays, ya know, that whirlwind-furlough-thing.

Last few months have been spent doing some serious packing and preparing to send a container to ourselves in Argentina to help with our home and ministry here.

Fast forward to 1 week ago--Thursday, June 27, got on a plane (actually 3) and made our way to Montevideo, Uruguay for the weekend and on Monday July 1,  we had a 1 hr. flight and {after being gone for 1 year} landed in our beloved Argentina. Wheew!!!

And, although we are currently "homeless" and have a LOT to do in the next few weeks to really get settled again, it feels SO good to be back!

In spite of all the goodbyes {yeah, I really, really despise those} and tiring days and emotional moments,  there's still nothing like being where you KNOW that you are supposed to be, getting back to what you KNOW God wants you to do. That brings so much comfort...that makes it all worthwhile. 

So, don't go pitying me...I love my life and wouldn't trade this adventure of ours for the world! God is  so, So, SO good to me!



Matt and Ethan sporting their Argentina soccer jerseys, a going away present from the church!



A "bird's eye" view


And hopefully, you will be hearing from me again soon...yep, it's good to be back in Argentina and it's good to be back writing here, too! :)



4 comments:

  1. so glade to hear you made it back and everything went good. love you!!! dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back! Can't wait to see pictures of that girl of yours with a wonderful name! Love hearing your zeal for being back in your spot. You're a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glade to hear you made it safe. talk to ya soon. love ya!!!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again! I have checked your blog a few times wondering if I've missed a post. :) Sounds like a very exciting year!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! :)