Our life in Argentina, South America

Monday, March 19, 2012

Marriage Fruits of the Spirit--LOVE ♥ {WW4MW Series}

Dearest Daughter~

I already had these written down when asked to add to this journal, so I'll share them here. The thoughts aren't original, but come from the book Apples of Gold. They are based around the fruit of the Spirit, as I trust your marriage will also be.

 
{LOVE}

{Photo source}

  • Success in marriage is much more than finding the right person; it is a matter of being the right person.
  • There is more pleasure in loving than in being loved.
  • True love never grows old.
  • Be the first to show your love:
    • smile first
    • nod first
    • speak first
    • and, if necessary, forgive first
  • We cannot love without giving, tho' we may give without loving.

 Creation of Woman from the rib of Man

"She wasn't made of his head to top him;
Nor of his feet to be trampled upon by him;
But out of his side to be equal with him;
Under his arm to be protected
And near his heart to be loved."

  •   The bonds of matrimony aren't worth much unless the interest is kept up.
  • We like not only to be loved, but to be told that we are loved.
  • The best way for a husband to clinch an argument is to take her in his arms. ♥
  • It always takes two to make up after a quarrel.
Mrs.--"Do you love me still?"
Mr.--"Yes, better than any other way!"
  • It's as absurd to pretend that one cannot love the same woman always as to pretend that a good musician needs several violins to play a piece of music.
  • Some women work so hard to make good husbands that they never quite manage to make good wives.
Perfect love is...
slow to condemn--quick to justify
slow to suspect--quick to trust
slow to demand--quick to give
slow to resent--quick to forgive
slow to belittle--quick to appreciate
slow to hinder--quick to help
slow to reprimand--quick to forbear  




{My Thoughts}
OUCH, right?! Some of these quotes are cute and funny, but others, if we ponder them, can really step on our toes. So, how are we doing with our Marriage Fruits? Are we loving as we should? 
I know that I need to work on my "reflexes"--being "slow to/quick to". 
Also, I need to work on "making a good wife" and NOT on trying to "make a good husband". It's far too easy to try to "fix" him, when that's not my job in the first place. Plus, if I work on fixing myself, I would get a lot farther. Most likely, hubby doesn't need to change, but rather my perspective does!

Valentine's Banquet 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! :)