Our life in Argentina, South America

Monday, August 8, 2011

Choosing His Way

I ask Clara to get Bubby a little car to play with while he sits in his high chair playing contentedly.
She quickly proceeds to find other toys in his toy box and try to convince me why they would be good for him to play with. Ex.: tractor, spatula, etc.
When I proceed to explain to her that I really want the little cars and why, she continues to try and pitch her own little argument my way.





And in the midst of this the very convicting thought struck me--isn't that just like me? Isn't that just how I react sometimes when God is trying to show me his plan--the very best plan for me.

Instead of happily, joyfully, and readily accepting and complying to what He has in store {which I KNOW deep down will turn out way better than continuing to do it my own way}, often I think that I know better and want to tell Him {God Almighty!} a thing or two. Like, maybe if I explain why I think that my way or idea is a good one, that He will change His mind and 'come around'.

What heartaches I could save myself from if I would just learn to trust Him and chose His good and perfect gift for me right away.

Do you ever feel like that?

Do you ever get hit in the heart with one of God's piercing arrows as your in the midst of your day-to-day craziness?

As much as it hurts  and fills me with conviction, shame, and guilt sometimes, nevertheless I am grateful. I am thankful that God uses everyday, simple things to teach me and hit the "reset" button on my heart.

He's still workin' on me,

1 comment:

So glad to hear from you! :)