Our life in Argentina, South America

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God Provides

Ok, in case there is anyone out there, #1 still interested in reading this neglected blog, and #2, that hasn't heard that we are now safely tucked away in our home haven in Mendoza, well WE ARE!!!

Part of the front of our house--love those pretty sunbeams :)
  Wheew! Moving is Super Nuts-o Crazy! {As if you didn't know that, right?! ;) } Yeah, it definitely is.
God worked in a marvelous way and allowed the paperwork to finally go through on the house that I mentioned in my last post {here}. He helped us to find a good price on a moving truck (1/2 the cost of every other company that we had gotten quotes from--yay us!) and it came with workers included to help with the loading and unloading. Boy, did we ever need that! Plus, 3 men came from a church/city 3 hours away to help us move in. The Lord truly performed some miracles on our behalf, as we needed every square inch in the moving truck {I still have no idea how it all fit, it was definitely of the Lord! Maybe, he zapped things with a shrink-ray as they went in?! ;) } and we needed every ounce of strength that each man possessed to clean out our house and move in all of our stuff!

Our miraculous moving truck! Yep, it ALL fit in there!
 And, right when I wanted most to be healthy and feeling best, I got sick. Yep, the night before we moved I could feel it coming on--sore throat, stuffy head, body aches and complete lack of energy. Just what I needed going into a move. Evidently, the Lord wanted His strength to show through my weakness. He reminded me {again!} that "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry". I leaned hard on Him and my hubby and just took it one day, one hour, one box at a time. After all, it wasn't like the dirt and piles of treasures were rushing off somewhere. They were there waiting for me each day and little by little progress was made, boxes unpacked, things scrubbed, trimmed, pushed, pulled, unwrapped, cut open, de-taped, and this unkempt shell of a house was transformed into a wonderful, comfortable haven of rest home for us lowly missionaries.

Our quickly filling up living room and one of our hard-working helpers
 What a joy it is to:
Cook in my own kitchen!
Sleep in my own bed!
Have my own things around me--such as books, pictures, decorations, etc.
Play "hostess".
Watch my kiddos run around in our backyard and enjoy their own (long-lost) toys.


3 cuties on a bench in our backyard

And so many other little things, that all summed up just simply whisper to me...
"You're home....Home in Argentina, home in Mendoza, home in this sweet place, with this sweet family that I have given to you, and home in the center of My will."

I am so thankful. It is good to be home.



1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you again! The kids are adorable and the home looks like a beautiful home! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! :)