Bible story time with a 3 year old. Like most things with a 3 year old, can easily turn into much more than just "Bible story time" with many wonderful memories and laughs included.Right now we are working on a little booklet from "Mercy & Truth Ministries" on the attributes of God. Each night we start with a little review and I usually try to give a few clues to help jog her little "sponge" memory.
According to Clara:
1. God is "Strengthful"
2. God is "Perfet"
3. God is Peace
4. God is "Waiting....for a cookie" :)
I was trying to help her remember "Longsuffering" (pretty rough one for a young 'un to grasp) so I held my hands out in front of me to signal "wait". She does get 1/2 credit--after all, she got the waiting part right ;) I think after that her little tummy must have rumbled, reminding her of what she was waiting for. LOL
Another Clara funny (there are ever so many, I try to capture a few here :)
Went something like this:
Clara--I have to go potty.
Me--Ok, go ahead.
Clara--I want to take my Bible.
(As we were about to go on a little outing I asked--On our trip?
Clara--No, to the bathroom, I need to read a couple verses in there.
{Super big mommy grin}
What can I say? Everyday, every moment with my kiddos = Priceless!
P.S. So, if I gave God a cookie, do you think He would ask for a glass of milk? {Wink, wink, teehee}
Goofy Girl "Glamor" Shots





No comments:
Post a Comment
So glad to hear from you! :)